The Jewellery Cut Live in association with Fuli Gemstones will continue its altruistic tradition of gifting one promising, emerging jewellery designer with a free place at the popular London jewellery show, and applications are now open.
To be eligible to win the bursary space at the next edition of the show, all jewellery designers entering must be based in the UK and have been in business for three years or less (full entry details below). Previous winners of The Jewellery Cut Live bursary have included: Cult of Youth, Ama Dhami and, most recently, Le Ster.
“It was a wonderful opportunity to be selected for The Jewellery Cut Live bursary award,” says Aishleen Lester, the designer behind Le Ster, which won a spot at February’s event. “I gained valuable insights throughout the show.”
The deadline for entries is 24th August, 2020. A shortlist of four designers will be created by The Jewellery Cut team, with the finalists then presenting to a panel of high-profile judges from the fashion and jewellery industry to secure the coveted winning spot.
In addition to showing and selling their work at The Jewellery Cut Live, and gaining exposure to press and store buyers, the winner will also receive a wider package of benefits, including a sizeable gemstone to set in a future design. Fuli Gemstones, which has recently signed up to sponsor The Jewellery Cut Live for the next three years, will gift the winning jeweller a peridot, a grass-green gemstone unearthed at its mine near the Changbai Mountains in China.
See below for a full list of prizes that will be gifted to the bursary winner, which include donations from De Beers, Retail Jeweller magazine, The National Association of Jewellers, Goldsmiths’ Fair, Honest PR and The Goldsmiths’ Company Assay Office.
“The Jewellery Cut Live is garnering a reputation as a real incubator of jewellery talent,” says The Jewellery Cut co-founder Rachael Taylor. “We have had some incredible jewellery designers pass through our bursary scheme in the past few seasons, and I’m very excited to see who applies. What we are seeking is a designer who can offer originality, beauty and a strong sense of self and concept.”
How to enter
To be considered for The Jewellery Cut Live bursary, jewellers must send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full information on themselves and their brand, with links to websites and social media pages
- A selection of images of their work, as well as any lookbooks or biographies, if they have them
- A pitch about who they are, why they should be considered for the bursary and what they feel they would bring to the show (this can be submitted in any format – written, video, etc)
- All applicants must already have a fully launched brand that is selling jewellery and have been in business for three years or less, be in a position to have enough stock to take part in the show in October, and be based in the UK. Jewellers who have already been part of The Jewellery Cut Live in the past cannot enter
- Deadline: 24th August, 2020
To be the first to know about dates for The Jewellery Cut Live in association with Fuli Gemstones in 2021, as well as other events and news, sign up to our weekly newsletter
The Jewellery Cut Live is garnering a reputation as a real incubator of jewellery talent. What we are seeking is a designer who can offer originality, beauty and a strong sense of self and concept